- COVID-19 Resources
- Research Areas
- Dynamic Brain Circuits and Connections in Health and Disease
- Core facilities
- Research administration services
- News & Events
- Brain Matters Newsletter
- Neuroscience Research Colloquium
You are hereAbout
Postdoctoral Trainee Award
The Postdoctoral Trainee Award is available to postdoctoral fellows under the supervision of an eligible faculty member. Awards total CDN $5,000/year per recipient for a maximum of two years.
The DMCBH Innovation Fund Postdoctoral Trainee award is intended to support trainees with total current external funding not exceeding CDN $48,000/year.
Applicants must be supervised by a full-time faculty member who holds independent research or clinical space at the University of British Columbia (UBC) and its affiliated research sites and meet one or more of the following criteria:
- currently holds external funding supporting basic or clinical brain research
- actively contributes to teaching within the Graduate Program in Neuroscience (NRSC 500, NRSC 501)
- actively contributes to training by having one or more trainees enrolled in the Graduate Program in Neuroscience
No individual PI may have more than one postdoctoral fellow supported by a Directors’ Innovation Award at any one time.
Applications for the DMCBH Innovation Fund Graduate Trainee Award will be adjudicated by a committee of 3-4 reviewing members and a Chair to be established by the DMCBH Executive but not to include any DMCBH Executive member. Postdoctoral trainees of DMCBH Executive members are eligible for the award.
Applications are due by October 15, 2019 for the fall competition; applications for the spring competition are due March 15, 2020.